Monday, February 02, 2009

T.V. Converter Box Impact

Early Friday night, the two oldest children secure in their beds, I descended into our basement family room to indulge myself in a little bit of "It's-As-If-Leopold-Is-The-Only-Child" time. So there he and I sat, gazing into eachother's eyes, completely in love and conversing in our unique mother-son language.

Assuming that Leopold's proud father wouldn't want to miss a single coo or eyebrow raising of his son's, I invited Joe across the basement to join in our moments of mutual discovery.

Engrossed in whatever television show he was watching, Joe did not respond. This lack of attention illicted a pitiful, "Joe, don't you want to come over here and talk with us?" from me. The response i got (rather matter-of-factly, to boot):

"Honey. We get 26 channels now. It's doubtful I'll ever converse with you again."

3 comments:

Justine said...

Hey, I miss the italics.

Anne said...

Yeah, and now we have to wait another 4 months for the switchover because of the millions who did not get around to getting a box. Is it likely they will make it a priority now?

Ed and Marie said...

Okay, TWENTY-SIX channels? We get...hmm... nine and the Spanish channel.