Thursday, January 03, 2008

Flattery?

I don't typically handle the outside chores in the winter (or in the fall, spring, or summer) unless i am feeling extra self-sacrificial... like i was this afternoon.

Doing so does, on occassion, afford me an interesting tale about how one might react when attacked by a (bantam/miniature) rooster. And for that i can forgive all transgressions. (Thereby being extra extra self-sacrificial. See how this works!)

Plain and simple, my totally-caught-off-guard-by-porcelain-blue-feathers-flapping-near-my-eyes reaction was to screach. After swiftly regaining my sense of dignity, i was sure to give that brute of a bird a rather harsh lecture about how ridiculous a thing that was to do to the woman who just hauled out 5 gallons of water for his whole flock. "In the freezing cold, mind you." (*Glare*)

Necessarily, i reported this naughty behavior to the master of the house as grounds for spring butchering. Sympathetic and always looking for an instinctual motivation for bizarre animal behavior, my husband concluded, "And besides, maybe he could just sense that you're a girl?"

A rooster - aware of my feminine charm? "Weird!"

"Actually, i can completely understand!" quoth the flatter.

No comments: