Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Our Lenten Crocus


I love that my husband has a gardener's heart.
I love that he planted these happy little crocus bulbs indoors for our pleasure.
I love that, day after day, we watched in anticipation as green foliage emerged, leading the way for papery, oblong buds.
I love that, when the glory of this springtime announcement finally blossomed, our little son peered over the pot and placed a sweet little kiss on the new flower.

Seeing him react to simple beauty that way was a moment of revelation for me:
Shouldn't I be more reverent of that which is good and beautiful and pure, responding to it with gestures of silent joy?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful picture and commentary! Thanks for sharing the beauty and gratitude of that experience with Thomas,too! Mom S.