Thursday, July 03, 2008

Appreciations of a Pregnant Bod


Behold, our new shower curtain rod!!!!!!!!!

To you, it may look like a boring piece of brushed metal.
But to me - ah! - to me it means FREEDOM! Acres and acres of soapy freedom!

The beauty of this curtain rod is that it is curved out, allowing up to 7.5 inches (7.5 inches!!) more elbow room! I prefer to think of this as 7.5 extra inches of growing abdomen room. But call it what you will, it means a lot to my morphing physique.

Do you understand how awesome this is? Of course you don't - unless, of course, you were me about 15 months ago when i was hugely pregnant with Rosemarie and absolutely closterphobic in my very own shower.

So now i love my husband more - for spending $40 to help regulate my self-esteem during my 3rd round of rapid growth in 4 years. And i've resolved to show him how much i appreciate his gift to me by making sure i shower at least every other day.
(Hey! Chill out! I'm not a smelly person, and my hair actually looks better on day 2.... I like to think of it as me getting in touch with my more European side. And would i get PC points if i said conserving water and shampoo this way was, er, Green?)

6 comments:

Nicole Bradica said...

Absolutely brilliant!! Mike offered to cut a curve in our kitchen sink, since I have to stand sideways to get to the faucet...think we should patent that design?

JRH said...

HAHAHA... I would just like to say - I told Dad about your blog and, last night, around the campfire, he pulled it up on his blackberry and read this post to those present! HAHAHA... We all enjoyed it!
When am I going to see you?

Justine said...

I'm thrilled for you. Really, that's awsome.

Anonymous said...

Ha ha ha... I was getting to know my European side too until I started doing flylady.net. Showering everyday is so much easier now. I found out that this is the way that a bunch of homeschoolers keep their houses running and in (mostly) decent order from some review websites. Even Bri will tell you that the house (and I) are ten times cleaner.

As an aside, I especially love the rubber brush from flylady--it cleans everything! I refer to it lovingly (and jokingly) as "God's toothbrush." You and some others may be getting this for Christmas!

Anonymous said...

Interesting! I didn't know it was possible to do that. Mom S.

JRH said...

I forgot to mention that we actually own one of these as well due to our "natural" inclination to need the extra 7.5 inches!