Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Adventures in potty training


'Tis the season to harvest tomatoes (and all those other sorts of veg that are going to rot faster than i can can them - but dont tell my husband). Lucky for me (and my marriage), i have a baby girl who will dig her rodent teeth into just about anything that grows in the garden - which saves me from having to blanch it, chop it, dry it, or stick it in a mason jar. Ain't she cute?

Speaking of cute, check out those stylish underpants!! That's right - underpants!!! I was a skeptic, myself, but am highyly motivated by the imminent birth of #3 in less than 11 weeks.

I know you'd all love to hear about the "potty cow," the adorable line of underpants she now owns, her version of the ASL hand signal for "I need to use the potty now," or about the time she secretly used the bathroom on her own and presented the soiled bowl to Joe and me in the living room, but i find it in better taste to spare the cyber-world the underappreciated-by-anybody-but-women details of how we got to where we are. Suffice it to say that this 17 month old currently has a very high rate of success, and it's only taken 3 days.

Way to go, Rosemarie!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! She is so much younger than our kids were! I'm glad for her - and you! Her habit of eating about anything could be problematic, though! Mom S.

E said...

I confess that i have had to call Poison Control on occassion. I think they're starting to keep a record of my questions!!! Eeks! (jk)

mama said...

See those patting the pantie times were truly a sign. Ah the advantages of cloth diapers. I must admit that disposables have their times too!

Justine said...

Erica, that's wonderful!!!

I admit, however, to feeling threatened now. :) Don't let Rosemarie know my daughter still wears diapers, or Beth will be embarrassed.