Saturday, September 27, 2008

The perfect morning, the perfect cider


It seems kind of fall-ish this morning at Providence Cottage.

The air is cool, and the sun has snuck behind a blanket of thin clouds.

Joe is up on a ladder, picking apples off of an aged tree.

Thomas and Rosemarie are in the sandbox, barely un-pajamaed.

I'm in the kitchen, watching from my window as i preserve tomatoes and herbs, and i observe my babes' hair dancing in the autumn breeze.

And now, with the smell of sausages and saurkraut cooking away in the crockpot and pretzels baking in the oven, my husband and son are working hard to make some of the most delicious apple cider that has ever touched my tongue. Outdoors, of course, to keep the stickies out of the house. ;)

*

1 comment:

JRH said...

so cute and so jealous! I too have been feeling fallish, lately, and I am SO excited! i LOVE fall!