Monday, June 04, 2007

That's what pagans do

On the recommendation of others, we took our chances watching Mel Gibson's Apocolypto last night. And surprisingly, i wasnt as repulsed by the blood and guts as most people (meaning movie critics) thought i ought to be. But i wont now go into my defense of how i am totally sensitized to such things.

Pagan sacrifices and ravaged village scenes aside, i wanted to give props to Mel for depicting 3 family practices that i like a lot:

Co-sleeping.
Natural child birth.
Baby wearing.

It just seems natural and good to do those things.
That's why the pagans did it, and that's why we do it.

2 comments:

candeo said...

Hi E! I want to see pics of your little girl. Are you on Facebook? I finally caved in and got an account, and all the sudden I am in touch with 100+ people I hadn't talked to in years.

Anyway, I have been trying to convince my hubby to see said movie, but the bum is too moral. He says that the violence will be too much, and he wants to protect me from it. Little does he know that I will watch it anyway, with or without him...

E said...

Weeeeeell, I played around with the idea of facebook, but decided that for now anyway, I am just going to stick to hotmail.

I cant unreservedly recommend Apoc, but it does have its redeeming qualities.