Friday, June 01, 2007

A.P.B.

Two quasi-urgent requests have come my way, neither of which i am able to personally fulfill.
So, I share them with any and all who might have greater connections than I. Here they are:

First, an excellent priest in the Cincinnati area is looking for an organist.

Let's face it, there's hardly anything sweeter than attending a Mass where the organist rocks out with some sweet traditional pieces. (Random memoir: When I was a young girl, the elderly organist of St Mary's Parish, the late Mr. Wills, would bust out some amazingly complex tunes after the recessional as we were all genuflecting on our way out of the pews. Hearing brilliant pieces of music that were composed and are played for the sole purpose of glorifying the Almighty lends itself to piety and adoration, doesnt it?)

Second, a recent theology/philosophy graduate of Franciscan University is looking for a job.

Being a grad with an identical degree, i know first hand that the pickins are slim for applicants in that field. I venture to say that any job obtained within one year of graduation is granted soley by the hand of Providence. But maybe i am bold in saying that? Let's all pray that the good God sees fit to place this young graduate in a place where she can do His work, and soon!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

He could get a commission with a degree in basket-weaving. I'd recommend the Coast Guard - he'd have the opportunity for plenty of contemplative time at sea, but stick within U.S. waters, be close to home, and play, playing a defensive role, avoid the moral ambiguity of aggressive war.

-Brian

Anonymous said...

Errrr, "he" is a "she."
I wasnt clear about that.
;)
Nice suggestion, were her gender different.
-E

Anonymous said...

p.s. all your base are belong to us
(clever, very clever!)
-E

Anonymous said...

Wills was awesome. I'll always remember his Thursday evening rousing renditions of "Heart of Christ."
Kevin

Anonymous said...

I too miss the wonderful sounds of Mr. Wills (and Mr. Wildenhaus, if you remember St.B.). Those tunes would play in my head and I would find myself humming along later in the day.

Mama